This post contains affiliate links to help our readers plan effectively for lasting stress relief.
There are many ways to manage stress. Of course, the most appealing choices involve lying on white sandy beaches. But… brushing up on your planning skills may be the more effective route. Let’s take a look at the benefits of effective planning for a stress resilient lifestyle.
A recent survey by Harvard psychologist Robert Epstein confirmed that planning was the single most powerful method for reducing stress. Why? Because it prevents tensions from building up in the first place.
Benefits Of Effective Planning For Reduced Stress
- Take control. Stress often comes from feeling like events are beyond your control. Planning reminds you that it’s your decision how to respond to what happens.
- Be prepared. Knowing what your day or month looks like in advance can prevent unpleasant surprises. You’re less likely to discover that you’re attending a wedding the same weekend that you have overnight guests.
Plan Now To Combat Stress: Invest In Products That Help You Decompress
- Protect your health. Stress contributes to many serious health issues, including obesity, diabetes, and heart conditions. Decompressing could even help you live longer.
- Overcome procrastination. You’ll complete projects faster if you break them down into smaller steps. Being clear about what you need to do increases your motivation and your chances for success.
- Feel more fulfilled. Planning helps you to distinguish between what’s urgent and what’s important. The quality of your life soars as you devote more time to meaningful activities.
Strategies of Effective Planning For Stress: Manage Your Time & Organize Your Stuff
- Track your time. The first step is to figure out where your time is currently going. Keep a diary, use a timer, or use a free app for at least a few weeks. You may be surprised by how long some simple tasks really take.
- Structure your activities. Once you understand your typical day, you can make adjustments. Switch more demanding projects to the hours when you’re at your peak. Maybe you can squeeze in the workout you’ve been meaning to do.
- Organize your stuff. Clutter bombards your senses and causes anxiety. Pare down your possessions. Buy attractive storage solutions for your home and office.
Plan & Prepare For Stress Now! Write Things Down & Focus On Balance
- Write things down. Do you have trouble concentrating because you’re trying to remember when your daughter’s soccer practice starts? Or maybe you’re trying to remember whether you have enough eggs for breakfast? Put those items into calendars and lists so you can focus on other things.
- Set priorities. There’s more to planning than completing tasks. Think about your values and goals. Ensure any system you use gives you the ultimate results you’re seeking. Maybe you want to spend more time with your family or adopt a healthier lifestyle. Both are definitely worthwhile goals.
- Balance Work-Home Life. You may find that you need to strike some items off your to-do list if you tend to take on too many obligations. Respecting your limits will actually make you more accomplished and dependable. Keep your work-home life balanced. Effective planning to beat stress is all about balance!
- Establish routines. When you make an activity automatic, you operate more efficiently and cut out the stress involved in making extra decisions. Group similar errands and tasks together. Why? So you can do them with less thought. Resolve to go walking before breakfast each morning instead of going through a daily struggle to resist the snooze button. Creating a routine could help you understand the benefits of effective planning because you don’t waste time being confused about what to do next.
Fun Benefits of Effective Planning: Invest in Products To Refresh Your Body & Mind
- Schedule downtime. Planning has its fun side too. Give yourself frequent breaks to refresh your body and mind. Ensure your lists and calendars include opportunities for play and laughter.
The Principles of Effective Planning Can Release You From Stress
Stress management and time management are closely related. Planning is the key to using your time well. Planning is also the key to making the right choices. To become more relaxed and productive, think positive, plan ahead and invest in products and resources that refresh your mind and body.
The key to lasting stress relief is to understand the benefits of effective planning to combat stress and be more in control of your life so that you never get drowned in stress.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR STRESS & WORRY?
Grab the 50 BEST Stress Management Activities guide revealing 50 simple activities SMART women do consistently to get rid of stress and worry? It’s 100% FREE.
- Finally learn 50 simple things other women do to create balance and peace in their life
- Learn which natural strategies to use so that you won’t have to pop pills or take medication
- Finally build your own “go-to” list of effective, easy, enjoyable activities to consistently destress your life & unlock true happiness