This post contains affiliate links to help our readers buy the best home remedies for stress!
When I started my career as a young woman professional over 22 years ago and was confronted with the realities of chronic stress, I thought that that the only recourse I had was to go to the doctor and ask for medication that could help me with that stress. I did not have a clue about home remedies for stress. However, twenty years of trial and error have convinced me that home remedies for stress can be just as effective, and in some situations, even more effective than any pills your doctor gives you.
Now I am on a mission to share some useful stress management tips with women professionals and women business owners around the globe.
Stress does not have to be a constant in your life. Tweet This!
Learn to use these home remedies to banish the stress before it even appears. Create good habits that help you avoid stress, become more focused, more energized, and most importantly – HAPPY!
Easy To Implement At Home Remedy For Stress
How can you naturally de-stress your life? Start in the kitchen, by changing your eating and drinking habits:
- Start by eating oats. If you are not getting enough oats in your diet, you are probably not getting enough fiber, and are therefore stressing out your system, even if you are otherwise eating healthy. Start each morning off with a bowl of oatmeal—not only will it aid in your digestion, helping to calm your system, it is also an anti-inflammatory and can help relieve chronic inflammation that might be further bothering your system.
- Another change you can make in the kitchen is switching chamomile tea in for your coffee. Chamomile tea can help boost your metabolism and provide many of the same benefits as drinking coffee, but it won’t rev you up like coffee can.
Enjoy An Easy Home Remedy For Stress Every Day!
Easy Home Remedies for Stress Reduction You Can Use in the Bathroom
There are also a few changes you can make to your bathroom to make it a more luxurious and enjoyable place to be:
- Surround yourself with aromatherapy oils and candles. Lavender is a great option, as it is naturally soothing. Whether you prefer candles, diffusers, or oil warmers, make your bathroom a calming place by utilizing the power of aromatherapy.
- Indulge in a bubble bath. A bubble bath doesn’t just have to be for special occasions. Especially if you are dealing with chronic stress, get some bubble bath and use it on a daily basis. Not only can a bath help save the environment (as it usually requires less water than a shower), it can be supremely comforting to soak in a warm bath, surrounded by aromatic bubbles.
Fun Home Remedies For Stress Reduction You Would Enjoy
Want to bring calm to your living spaces and with your family? Try these two tips:
- Add some laughter. Laughter can do a world of good. Don’t you always feel better after a hearty belly laugh? Make sure that you always have something funny to watch. It isn’t just a distraction, it can tangibly improve your mood, whether it’s The Golden Girls or The Big Bang Theory.
- Bring the family together for some fun. Having fun together as a family can cement your relationships and make you feel happy and refreshed. Call everyone together for a little friendly competition with some board games, a favorite movie, a walk, etc.
Soothing Home Remedies for Stress in the Bedroom
Extend the calm to your bedroom by using these tips:
- Start keeping a journal. At first, keeping a journal might just feel like one more thing you have on your to-do list. You’ll soon find, however, that keeping a journal helps you cement memories, organize your thoughts, and process difficult feelings. Writing down what happens during your day and how you feel can help remove the stress associated with those things. Once you put it down on paper, it’s purged from your system and you can stop worrying about it.
- Play soothing music. Having soothing music as a constant in your bedroom will not only help you sleep better, it will make any time you spend in your bedroom more enjoyable. Invest in some calming music and a CD player or sound system that makes it easy to queue up whenever you need it.
Easy Home Remedies for Stress in Your Backyard
Your outdoor spaces should be the most relaxing in your home. Here are a few ways to make sure that’s the case:
- Get a rock water fountain. There’s something about running water—the sound of it, the sight of it—that soothes the soul. In feng shui, the water element represents freedom and self-expression. Having a water feature in your backyard can bring those two things into your life. Plus, a water fountain will usually attract friendly birds and animals, which are always fun to see while sitting out in your yard.
There is a lot more information on home remedies for anxiety and stress. There are also lots of stress management activities that you can incorporate into your daily life to get stress under control once and for all.
You can use ALL these tips to bring calm into every space of your home and life and to empower yourself to face complex life challenges without losing steam!
An Inspirational Quote For You
Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy and rewarding life. Marilu Henner
I would love to hear from you!
Use the comment box below to share your thoughts with me:
- Which day-to-day challenges are you struggling with right now?
- Which home remedies for stress mentioned above will be easiest for you to incorporate into your life right away?
Too many women spend too much time stressed out.
Life will be happier and brighter when you know how to shut down stress, even before it starts, and with very little effort.
Want natural ways to fight stress? How about 50! Download my FREE guide : 50 simple stress management activities.