Raise your hand if you want to relieve stress at work?
The ringing phones, constant emails, and important meetings can easily create stress at work.
However, you can relieve stress at work with natural remedies you bring with you and keep in your desk.
It’s easy to control the stress in your life by making simple changes at work.
If you start feeling stressed on the job, try these solutions to relieve stress at work.
Replace your soda or coffee with a water bottle.
A study published in Psychosomatic Medicine from Duke University Medical Center found that caffeine compounds stress. Caffeine causes the body to release more stress hormones while changing how the mind perceives issues.You can enhance the flavor of your water with pieces of fruit like blueberries or lemon. Powdered water enhancers in a variety of flavors from grocery stores offer another way to change the taste, so the sodas won’t be as tempting.
Use essential oils to improve your mood and decrease stress.
Inhaling essential oils is a powerful way to enhance your well-being and relieve stress at work. They are easy to store in an office desk and can be used throughout the day. Lavender, chamomile, and lemon essential oils are commonly used to improve the mood.
Sprinkle herbs on your lunch at work.
Herbs can affect emotions, so adding the right ingredients to your food can help relieve stress. A couple of small bottles of herbs can be stored in your desk. Then you can use them during lunchtime every day to relieve stress at work.
- Cardamom is a popular spice that can relieve stress by increasing the antioxidants in the body. It’s frequently used in Indian dishes, and it can be added to many meals.
- Lemon balm increases calmness and alertness. According to the study, “Attenuation of laboratory-induced stress in humans after acute administration of Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm),” this powerful herb decreases stress by reducing anxiety.
- Holy basil is part of the mint family, and it’s another herb capable of reducing stress. It’s not the same as the common basil added to pasta dishes or tomato sauces. Holy basil has antioxidant qualities which improve the mood.
Use herbal teas to soothe your mind.
Avoid the caffeine and stress that comes with coffee by choosing herbal teas. There are decaffeinated versions available in a variety of flavors.
- Native Americans used Passionflower for its medicinal properties, and it’s a strong stress reducer. Passionflower tea tastes mild and pleasant.
- Chamomile tea is a popular choice because it increases relaxation and is able to decrease anxiety. This is my herbal tea of choice. It works wonders to help me relieve stress at work and feel better all day.
- Green tea soothes the nerves with its antioxidant and L-theanine content. L-theanine is an amino acid linked to stress relief. Studies show it can change brain waves in a positive way.
Add stress relieving objects to your desk.
Offices are bland and boring, but desk decorations can add a touch of home and quick mental escape. They’re a fun distraction which is capable of cutting down the stress at work.
- Desktop water fountains provide soothing sounds that contribute to a relaxing atmosphere.
- Zen gardens are often compared to toys, but they’re actually an ancient technique for relieving stress. Raking sand, organizing stones, and shaping the gardens clears the mind.
- Newton’s cradles are popular desk objects. However, the cradles offer more than a study of the law of conservation of momentum. They help relax the mind and improve focus.
Try these natural remedies to relieve stress at work.
You’ll calm your nerves and lighten your mood.