This post contains affiliate links to help our readers benefit from the best stay home vacation ideas!
It’s been called a staycation, or a vacation spent on your home turf. It’s possible to have a better vacation at home. Why? Because you’ll be saving so much money on travel, lodging, and food. You can spend some of that money at a high-end restaurant or golf course. There’s no reason to be upset if you can’t afford a week in Paris. Check out my stay home vacation ideas to destress and refresh your body, mind, and spirit!
Get the best ways to reduce stress while driving, avoid the stress of airline travel, sleeping in a different bed, and paying too much to eat every meal at a restaurant. Spend that money on more enjoyable activities.
Enjoy These Stay Home Vacation Ideas
- Spend the day at the beach. If you’re lucky enough to live near a lake or the ocean, a day at the beach is a good way to spend the day. Work on your tan and get some exercise swimming.
2. Spend the day at the pool. Those without access to a beach can take advantage of the next best thing: the local pool. Splurge for snacks and live it up.
3. Go for a long bike ride. Your bike might be hiding behind the lawnmower or beneath the rake, but it’s ready to go. Add some air to the tires and go out for a long ride. Look online for bike paths and popular routes. Don’t have a bike? This one comes highly recommended!
Staycation Ideas Couples Can Enjoy
4. Have a picnic. Whether it’s at the park, pool, or beach, a picnic provides a relaxing, enjoyable time. Pack your favorite foods and bring your favorite people. A bottle of wine can be a nice touch.
5. Visit a local museum or zoo. Most people go out of town to visit the zoo or museum. Now is the time to check out your local offerings.
6. Spend a day at the movies. Pack in three or more movies in the same day. The real cost is the food. Consider watching one movie, then heading out for lunch. You’ll be full and satisfied for the next couple of movies.
7. Have friends over for a movie night. Stay at home and rent movies on demand. Invite over a few friends and tell them to bring their favorite snacks. This would be a great time to check out the latest listings on Netflix or Hulu so you can enjoy on your next stay home vacation.
Hula Delights Deluxe Roasted Nuts Gift Basket, 7-SectionMaze Crazy Combo Popcorn Trays, 50/CaseThe Original Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper Popcorn SetGreat Northern Popcorn Company 2-Oz Popcorn Bags
More Stay Home Vacation Ideas
8. Rent a boat. Rent a speedboat or sailboat for the day. Test out your skills and spend some quality time on the water.
9. Check out a local band. Get out for an evening and enjoy the local music scene. Enjoy the nightlife for a change of pace.
10. Go out for a fancy lunch. Since you’re not spending money on a vacation, you might have the funds available to have lunch at that fancy restaurant downtown. Splurge a little bit and enjoy yourself.
Found Cool Things To Do For Your Next Stay At Home Vacation?
These stay home vacation ideas can be a better option than going out of town. The sights might be familiar, but you’ll have more money to spend on entertainment if you stay at home. Use your vacation time wisely, get out of the house, and enjoy your time off.