This post contains affiliate links to help our readers discover the top ten ways to get rid of stress and find resources to do it!
You’re stressed!! A 10-day tropical vacation might be just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, you’re out of vacation time, and your bank account is a little light. Luckily, I discovered the top ten ways to get rid of stress. That means you can de-stress yourself quickly and effectively. You won’t need a passport or a healthy bank account.
Stress isn’t only damaging to your mental state. It can harm your health, too. Avoid driving yourself through your discomfort. Address it directly! Learning to soothe your stress, effectively and by yourself, is an important skill. It’s a skill that can be applied throughout life.
Let’s Examine The Top Ten Ways To Get Rid of Stress
- Drink chamomile tea. Chamomile tea has been shown to lower cortisol levels and increase feelings of relaxation.
- Get spiritual. Those that attend religious services regularly often report doing so for the stress relief it provides. A study with college students showed that students who attend church had lower levels of stress.
- Exercise. Use up that extra energy and enjoy the post-exercise endorphin rush. Exercising is one of the top ten ways to get rid of stress quickly. Try walking for stress relief. It’s a great choice regardless of your age or fitness level. But dancing, zumba, step-aerobics, or a treadmill are good options to get a post-exercise endorphine rush too. You can even let go of stress by exercising while you work!!
- Distract yourself for a few minutes. It might not solve your troubles, but connecting with 1000+ women online who are all successfully fighting stress can be empowering. Calling a friend for a few minutes can provide also provide a little relief. Keep track of the time so you don’t get behind schedule.
- Breathe deeply. Deep breathing can temporarily lower blood pressure and increase your sense of well-being.
Enjoy Life to The Fullest with These Easy Ways To Get Rid of Stress
- Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, it’s easy to allow your imagination to wander to a happy place. Give yourself a needed break by imagining yourself at the beach or in another peaceful setting.
- Relax your muscles. When you’re stressed and tense, a good soak with epsom salt is a must for calming the nerves and relaxing the muscles! Don’t believe me?
Here is what one person said “It’s a natural way to get the body’s magnesium needs and it’s so relaxing. After a good warm soak in the tub, I can sleep like a baby.” Many people do not know that that magnesium (Epsom Salts) is lost in the body through stress, and who doesn’t have stress these days?
Another great way to relax your muscles is with a massage. A shiatsu pillow massager can do the trick on demand.
My Favorite Ways To Get Rid Of stress
- Take a walk. A walk takes you out of your stressful environment. You can clear your head and get a little exercise at the same time. Make a nightly walk part of your routine. A walk during your lunch hour can be helpful, too.
- Leave the TV off. Put your phone on silent and stick it in the drawer. Keep your laptop closed. Spend an evening without any electronic devices. Consider an evening spent with a good book and a glass of wine. A fire wouldn’t be a bad idea. Unplugging can be one of the best ways to get rid of stress in this day and age.
- Get some extra sleep. Limit your caffeine late in the afternoon and head to bed an hour early. Ensure that you won’t be disturbed. Turn your alarm clock around so you can’t see the time. A mid-day nap can also be a great way to reduce stress. If you’re fortunate enough to have the option of sleeping for 30 minutes in the middle of the day, consider yourself lucky.
Bonus Tip: Fast Way to Get Rid of Stress
Engage in positive self-talk. You stress yourself with your thoughts and the words you say to yourself. Choose uplifting words and you’ll feel better. How would you reassure a child that’s stressed? Talk to yourself in the same manner.
Stress is a part of life. It can’t be avoided, but how much you suffer is under your control. Add a few stress-busting tips to your psychological tool belt. Use them whenever you start to feel stressed. The best time to address stress is in the early stages. The quick application of an effective technique can increase your happiness and productivity.